PAN Card is one of the key documents that you can use as a proof of identity in India. You can also use the PAN Card as a major financial document that is needed in India to file Income Tax Returns (ITRs). If you want to know how to apply for a PAN Card, then you can go through this article and know about eligibility, types, documents, and cost.
Nowadays, you can apply for a PAN Card online and save your time and effort. Have a look at the steps that you can take:
The Online Procedure for PAN Card Application at a Glance
- Visit the NSDL portal or UTIISL website and click on ‘New PAN’
- Select Form 49A, which is available for Indian citizens – it also includes NRIs, NREs as well as OCL individuals
- You can now enter desired details that are required on from or whatever is asked in it. The details could be the personal, address of your residence, birth date, gender, phone number, details related to income and more
- You can now submit the form after filling it and pay the processing charges
- Take a print out of the form and along with the 15-digit acknowledgment number
- You can sign the document
- You will now need to attach some documents such as passport-sized photographs, Identity proof, proof of address, demand draft if you want to pay for the services via DD
- Once you have successfully submitted the form, then you must ensure to send the documents to NSDL office within the next 15 days
- If you have followed all steps correctly, then you will receive your PAN Card via post to your proof of address within 15 working days
What is the Eligibility for availing PAN Card?
There is no specific age that has been set as such for applying for the PAN Card. Yes, you don’t need to attain the age of 18 years to become eligible for PAN Card. It is because even a minor is qualified to get the PAN Card.
What are the Types of PAN Card that can be Applied?
- PAN Card for individuals – It is for individuals to track and link all financial records that may attract tax.
- PAN Card for companies – PAN Card for companies is the same as that of an individual – there is no photograph on the card. Also, in place of date of birth, the date of registration of the company is printed.
- PAN Card for Foreign Nationals in India –PAN is also a vital document for foreign nationals who are looking to undertake business in India or invest. The procedure for getting PAN is the same as applicable for Indian citizens. The form that is meant to be filled is 49A and should be submitted at an authorized PAN Service Centre.
What Documents do you need to Submit for Applying for a PAN Card?
You will need to furnish a mix of the following documents to become eligible for PAN Card. Have a look:
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card with your photo
- Photo ID Card issued by Central, State and any public sector undertaking
What is the cost of applying for the PAN Card?
You will need to pay a small amount as the processing charges for PAN Card apply online facility. Being an Indian citizen, you will need to pay Rs.110 and Rs.1020 being a foreign national for the PAN Card to be dispatched to your location.
The basic details related to PAN Card apply online facility, along with types, documents and costs and more are now discussed. You are now in a better position to apply for PAN Card without hassles.
Leave a Reply