Are you in search of tips for writing a great MBA research paper thesis statement? If yes, then you are upon the right article. We understand that writing a research paper thesis statement is not an easy task and despite being a really good student can struggle at writing a research paper.
The tips mentioned in this article will help you in writing a great MBA research paper thesis statement. But before we proceed, let’s discuss what a research paper thesis statement is.
Table of Contents
What is a thesis statement?.
How long a thesis statement needs to be?.
3 tips for writing a great MBA research paper thesis statement.
- You Should Always Start Your Thesis Statement with a Question.
- Tailor Your Thesis Topic to the Type of Research Paper You Are Writing.
- Focus on a specific stance to make your thesis more powerful
What is a thesis statement?
Every research paper consists of the main idea, central message, or the main point. Your main idea should reflect the arguments you make in your research paper. These sentence that captures the reader’s attention on this main idea is known as a thesis statement.
A thesis statement defines the topic that is being discussed in the research paper, it covers the things that are discussed in the paper, and it is written for a particular audience. The thesis statement is written at the end of your first paragraph, which is also known as the introduction. The purpose of the thesis statement is to generate a reader’s interest in the topic of the research paper and to convince them to continue reading.
How long a thesis statement needs to be?
A thesis statement is of one or two sentences long. It should describe the topic of your research paper and also focus on your stance on the topic. The thesis statement of your research paper should inform your readers what the research paper is about and allow you to guide your research and focus on your topic.
3 tips for writing a great MBA research paper thesis statement
If you face difficulties in writing an MBA research paper thesis statement then you surely need to follow these three tips.
1. You Should Always Start Your Thesis Statement with a Question
Almost any research paper can be started with a question regardless of how complicated the subject is. According to a study conducted by Essay Writing Services, a thesis statement that starts with a question grab the attention of the audience.
1. Tailor Your Thesis Topic to the Type of Research Paper You Are Writing
Every essay teaches neither they convince the readers. The goals of your research paper will help you in finding the best thesis statement.
- Argumentative: To change the reader’s mind you make a claim, or backs up an opinion
- For example: “Without the wise decisions and effective actions taken by Barack Obama, United States of America would not even think to recover from the hole the country entered in the early 2000’s”
- For example: “The fight against pornography is a difficult challenge because the availability of electronic devices and internet in the hands of youth makes supervision almost impossible.”
- Expository: teaches or clarifies a point.
- For example: “Reading on a daily basis develops a kid’s mind by improving comprehension skills, increasing vocabulary and exposing them to new worlds they may not otherwise experience.”
1. Focus on a specific stance to make your thesis more powerful
Your thesis statement should focus on a single issue but in a detailed manner, by doing this, you will be able to support your points in your research paper.
Writing a great MBA research paper thesis statement is not something that you can’t do. Every year millions of people write it to get their degrees. However, the thing you should remember is that writing a great research paper requires commitment and consistency. The tips mentioned in this article will surely help you in writing a great MBA research paper, for more tips and for an MBA thesis research guide you can visit EazyResearch.
Elijah Gabrielson has done MA Linguistics from College of Liberal Arts-University of Illinois and has an experience of 5 years. He is a technology writer and possesses experience in technical writing as well. He is best known for writing creative business blogs, food blogging and for his knowledge about AI revolution. Elijah knows how to play with words, portray ideas with a broader prospect and has commanded in multiple languages.