The 21st century has brought many technological and scientific developments in all fields. The most beneficial application is in the medical branch. From medicine to various treatment options; innovative technologies have made it easy for everyone to live a healthy life.
What is understood by Laser Technology?
One of those technological advancements is the use of Laser by Orthodontist Tulsa. Although. It has been in the field for quite some time but as time passed; it developed into more advanced forms. The laser is an acronym which means “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation”. These are monochromatic making every wave of the identical shape that are synchronized and in order.
Is there a Difference between the Ordinary Light?
People think that both the laser light and the ordinary one are the same. But that is not true as they are both types of light but different in many ways.
- The ordinary light has numerous wavelengths but the laser is monochromatic.
- The laser focuses on one color whereas; the other is made up of 7 colors.
- Ordinary light can reach everywhere but the laser is focused in one direction.
- The intensity of the laser is higher than the ordinary light.
Laser Practiced by Orthodontist Tulsa
There are several ways by which orthodontists are using the laser in different areas of orthodontics. Many people might avoid the clinics and orthodontists who practice this technology just because it sounds terrifying but it has more benefits than harm.
Used in Bonding
The most effective way to use laser is in the technique of bonding teeth. The teeth that are decaying can be healed by laser. Even it improves the appearance of the cracked or chipped teeth. It can also protect the exposed teeth from the roots.
This is very closely related to the technology of 3D. In this you can study the object; in this case the teeth from practically all sides. This helps in viewing the positioning of the teeth. This is a diagnostic tool which can reach those areas of the mouth where eyes and ordinary cameras can’t reach.
Low-Level Laser Therapy
There are several ways by which orthodontists can use laser technology to reduce pains. When orthodontists are practicing their advance education from Gerety Orthodontics Seminar; they must also know that Low-Level Laser Therapy can lower the pain during any dental surgical procedure.
Post Surgery Pain Management
Many medications are administered in the teeth or gums using laser beams which can immediately decrease the pain. These can make the teeth and gums strong.
Every orthodontist wants the equipment he/ she are using is safe for the patients. The wires, braces, the various types of pliers, cutters and teeth scrapers are in perfect shape and harmless in any way. Laser spectroscopy is equipment that checks the overall condition of the tools.
Scanning through 3D laser
A small laser scanner is used to swipe the surface of the teeth to get a clean image of the teeth. As the teeth are swapped; the image appears on the screen of the computer. The picture created is in 3D enabling the orthodontist to perfectly view the teeth.
Micro Welding Laser
Laser beams are used to weld together the fake teeth to replace them. The beam is of lower intensity but has the ability to weld two different metals. Once the whole procedure is done the finished product doesn’t need any further improvements after its installation.
Soft Tissue Laser
When plaque gathers on the teeth enamel and despite brushing and using different products doesn’t come off; then soft tissue laser technique can be used to clean the gingival from the teeth.
Treatment of the Impact Teeth
The impact of teeth or commonly known as wisdom teeth are the most painful of all teeth eruption. But laser can make it easy and painless as they erupt at a slower rate than other set of teeth.
What Advantages Laser can give?
There are many problems that are faced by both the orthodontists and the patients they are treating. Many have a very traditional approach to handling everything but others break these conventional ways and go for the latest.
- In the past orthodontists used needles and syringes to administer anesthesia and patients felt extreme pain. But now laser has made this technique of giving sedative totally painless.
- Many people were afraid to have even a minor surgical operation because of the way anesthesia and other medicines are given. But now laser has reduced the feeling of anxiousness and even children feel comfortable when going for treatment.
- Other normal surgical instruments can make the gums swell but treatment through laser the beams only focus to cure the specific area of the teeth and gums so the swelling is extremely less.
- Sometimes the healing process of the body is slow and many surgeries need to the healed quickly. The laser light is used to increase the rate of healing as the beam goes deeper than other medicines.
Are there any Risks in the use of Laser?
By far laser is the safest known way of diagnoses and treatment that is used by Orthodontist Tulsa. It is considered so much safe that it is recommended for infants and young children.